Friday, September 05, 2003

Ken Hom, Ken Bomb

Finally quit my job. I will have to work all of next week because my contract states that I must give a week's notice. At work I saw a poster anouncing that TV cook Ken Hom will be coming on Tuesday to sign his new book. I have no intention of buying his new crappy book on cooking healthy food in a wok, but I do have a copy of "Ken Hom's Chinese Cookery" so I may get him to sign it. The only problem is that he's coming to work at 9:30 am and my shift doesn't start until 1 pm, so I'm not sure if I can be bothered... I got my payslip last week and discovered that I did in fact get paid for bank holiday Monday. I haven't felt happier since Diana died.

Watched "Pheonix Nights". Sadly it was the last in the series. I decided to put a health warning on my website, as some users have complained of side effects. While I was updating the page using on the Super Dimetional Fortress's server(which hosts my site for free, with no adverts) I suddenly got a message from Kitsune(now known as Cystitis or something), one of Norfolk's Elite Haxors. At first I didn't have a fucking clue as to what was going on, because the message was just pasted onto the page of text that I was editing with Pico.(a unix text editor, based on the "vi editor", I think). Anyway, Kitsune and I chatted for quite a while using "talk", a split-screen, real time Unix chat program. We finally gave in to exhaustion and I crawled to bed, where I dreamt of telephones, drain opener and fishing.

No comments: