Saturday, January 01, 2005

Hairy Mary

Took the train to Amsterdam at 1pm. The journey takes about 30 minutes. When I arrived at Amsterdam Central station I decided to make my way to the hostel on foot, following the tram lines. It proved to be somewhat further than I had imagined, but at least I got to see quite a bit of the city. When I reached the hostel I realised that it was the one I had stayed at when I last visited Amsterdam 7 years ago with my good friend Dr Edward Bearskin. While I was about to leave the room to go for a walk, a youngish looking guy arrived. He looked Japanese so I started talking to him. He was in fact fifth generation American-Chinese. We got on well together straight away, and talked about computers for several hours. I haven't shaved since I left England so I'm getting rather hairy.

No comments: