Friday, February 17, 2006

Caught Off Guard By The Arrival Of A Canadian

Being caught off guard by the arrival of a Canadian really isn't as bad as it sounds. I shall explain. I've recently made a point of being armed with a fact about Canada whenever the Canadian, known as LS, arrives at work. This morning, however, I had failed to look at the schedule and was, consequently, taken by surprise when LS arrived. Thanks to my quick-thinking, and the magic of the Internet, I was able to find a fact about Canada in a matter of seconds: "Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world".

Got some stuff fixed at work. Feeling almost good about it. Still have to escape this job as soon as possible.

After work I met up with Jon and Phil from the Norwich 2600 Hacker group. I talked to Jon about the Sun Solaris operating system. A couple of Phil's friends arrived and things went downhill.

Watched the 4th episode of The IT Crowd on the Channel Four website. Don't bother.

No comments: