Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mike Tee Vee

I watch the first two episodes of a new comedy series called "The IT Crowd". I was intending to watch it on TV, but I forgot. Amazingly, I was able to watch both episodes on the Channel Four website. I really am amazed. Things like that just don't happen in England.

The IT Crowd is about a tech support team in a large company. The tech support team consists of two male techs and their female manager. The first two episodes were terrible. The only feature of The IT Crowd is that Chris Morris, one of the greatest men to ever live, has a supporting role as the company boss.

Although I'm generally not a fan of light comedy, I can understand why it's nice to watch it sometimes. The Mighty Boosh is an example of a well-made, funny, watchable AND light comedy series. There is no good reason to make something as bad as The IT Crowd. The three main characters were very weak, there was loads of pre-recorded laughter, the lighting was bad so you could always tell that it was being filmed in a TV studio and Chris Morris should have been on screen all the time...

No comments: