Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Caught In The Rain




Spent all day reading about Turing and hunting for photos of him for my talk. I'm starting to feel the pressure.

Went to see a free firework show in Central Park. It was a good opportunity to try out the firework-mode on my digital camera. I was very impressed with the results
A minute or so after the

fireworks finished a torrent of rain started. Within seconds I was soaked to the skin. It felt to run through the warm night with sheets of rain coming down. I got to a very crowded subway station and took a train back to the hotel.

Got an email from Mike, a regular on the hacker radio show "Off The Hook" saying that I could join the show tomorrow night but I might not get to say much as the show would be very crowded. Mike didn't mention what time I should get there for so I'll just turn up at the WBAI studios on Wall Street an hour before the show and see what happens. I think it's going to be quite an experience...

No comments: