Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tom's Restaurant

Spent the day working on my presentation. In the evening I went to the Hotel Pennsylvania to register for the HOPE conference. Two huge posters for HOPE had been put up in the window of the hotel and in the 30 minutes I spent hanging around, about 20 famous people from the hacker world came to register. HOPE begins tomorrow, but an atmosphere is already forming...

As a speaker, I was given a special speaker's pack consisting of an envelope containing a green badge, a sticker, a HOPE program and a speaker's briefing sheet. Non-speakers get a red badge and a HOPE program.

I ate dinner at Tom's Restaurant, made famous by the Suzanne Vega song "Tom's Diner" and also the TV program "Seinfeld". The food was very good and the staff were friendly.

No comments: