Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fucked Up Lah!

While eating lunch in the Thai restaurant near my office, I overhead a woman from Singapore talking about the 5 C's that all Singaporeans are said to desire: Cash, Car, Credit card, Condominium, and Country club membership. I've always considered Singapore to be more of a sick experiment than a country, and it's the sort of place that makes me ashamed to be alive. Having said that, some of the Singaporeans I knew at university were reasonable people, and they finished every sentence with "lah", which I find quite sweet.

"Let's get the fuck off this planet and nuke the site from orbit"

1 comment:

_trainer said...

I read a Singaporean issue of some women's mag on a bus in Vietnam. It filled me with dread.

Their guide to urban etiquette explained how to behave in a lift, which colleagues to invite to your wedding (anyone who can affect your promotion) and how to eat bread. I also glanced at their top 100 list which included the prettiest credit card, top 5 shopping malls and best office address. Fuck.