Friday, March 13, 2009

Tame Goes Wild

For no particular reason I found myself revisiting Tame Goes Wild, one of the best websites I've ever seen. It is simply huge. And very well written. And full of practical information. And it contains 15,825 photos that Joseph Tame has taken over the past 20 years. And it makes me feel very jealous. If I can turn this jealousy into action I might be able to turn Tokyo Robotnik into something decent. (although I'll make sure it doesn't lose its harshness)

Someone (that British twat from Wired and the EFF, I think) once said that you should never look at the Web when trying to do something constructive because you will always find thousands of people who have done it already, and much better than you could ever hope to. Another way of putting it is that the Web is so big that it makes everyone feel small. Thanks a lot, Joseph Tame...

1 comment:

Joseph Tame said...

I'm both surprised and humbled by your post! Thank you ...and sorry for making you feel jealous. You can send me a virtual punch if you so desire.

...and if it makes you feel better I like the elegant simplicity of Tokyo Robotnik. Far more pleasing to the eye that the jumbled mass of stuff on some of my pages.

Thanks again!

:-)