Monday, March 02, 2009

Thank Fuck It's Not Friday

Between my two Japanese lessons I had lunch at T.G.I. Friday's. Fuck. Very, very, very grim indeed. I feel so sorry for the staff, they are forced to dress and act like simpletons. I took lunch with a Korean friend called Jasmine and Li, her Chinese friend. I struggled to keep up with the conversation as the two of them speak much better Japanese than me. Jasmine spent several years living in Hong Kong and mainland China so Jasmine and Li's lingua franca is Mandarin, not English. Our conversation was thus a mixture of Japanese and Mandarin, with very little English. I had to think so hard that my brain bled.

1 comment:

Bigm000 said...

Your English is good
We can see it in your bones
In this neighbourhood
We 'aint driving you home

'Cuz you dont need to change
Your future is with us
You dont need to change
Your future is with us

Tokyo Police_Your English is Good